The Livemix Personal Monitoring System
A basic Livemix system consists of three modules. To set up a Livemix system, you will need:
A) INPUT MODULE – The basic system starts with the Livemix AD-24. This input module takes your instrument and mic audio and converts it into digital audio streams. The Livemix AD-24 can receive audio via TRS or DB-25 cables.
B) PROCESSOR MODULE – The Livemix MIX16 is the “brain”. It takes all the digital streams and sends them out to each control surface. The basic system starts with the Livemix MIX16 which allow you to connect up to 8 control surfaces, for a total of 16 personal mixes.
C) CONTROL SURFACE – The basic system needs at least one Control Surface to make a personal monitor mix. Likely, you will have 3 or more Livemix CS or Livemix CS-DUO units. The Livemix CS and CS-DUO units are where you will do all your mixing.
The Livemix AD-24 takes the audio from your instruments and microphones and converts it into studio quality digital audio streams. This audio gets sent to the Livemix MIX-16 through a single CAT5 cable. Front panel controls make the Livemix AD-24 simple to setup and front panel LED VU meters make it easy to monitor.
Livemix AD-24 Features
- 24 Balanced/Unbalanced Inputs
- ¼” TRS and DB25 Audio Connections
- Multiple connector types may be used for signal splitting
- Front Panel +4dBu/-10dBV Select Switches per Stereo Pair
- Front Panel 3-Color Input VU Metering
- High Quality Digital to Analog Conversion
- External 15VDC Power Supply
Livemix MIX-16 and MIX-32
Livemix MIX-16, is the brain of the Livemix system. The Livemix MIX-16 allows mixes of up to 24 tracks of audio over a standard CAT5 cable to connected control surfaces, using our Livemix Data technology. The Livemix MIX-16 supplies power and mix capabilities for 8 control surfaces, providing up to 16 mixes when used with 8 Livemix CS-DUO units. The Livemix MIX-32 doubles the capabilites, for up to 32 personal monitor mixes.
Livemix MIX-16 and MIX-32 Features
- 24-Bit Digital Mixing and Processing
- MIX16 supports up to 8 control surfaces (16 on the MIX32) and 16 stereo mixes (32 on MIX32)
- Provides power via CAT5 to connected control surfaces
- USB and Ethernet Control
- External 24VC Power Supply
- USB recording direct to PC
- Tablet Device as Control Surface
The last line in the chain, the Livemix CS-DUO is two control surfaces in one. With two mixes per unit, you can reduce your overall per node cost without sacrificing quality or functionality. The Livemix CS-DUO is extremely simple to use and lightning fast to setup. The innovative MirrorMix™ function allows you to use your own control surface to adjust the mix of any other user in the system. Even though it is designed to be simple to operate, we did not skimp on the features, like USB recording, optional footpedal, effects on every channel and even a metronome for good measure.
Livemix CS-DUO Features
- Mix 24 channels of audio
- Two personal mixes per unit
- EQ and dynamics on every channel
- EQ, dynamics, and reverb on master mix
- Button, knob and touchscreen control
- Crystal clear headphone amplifier with peak limiter
- Auxiliary input for metronome, or media player
- Footpedal volume control (with optional Livemix FP1)
- Power over CAT5 from Livemix MIX16/32